Warm Lemon Chicken over Panzanella Salad with Basil Aioli
A lemon juice and olive oil marinade helps to tenderize the chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, divided
- 5 cups country Italian-style bread, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 English cucumber, cut in 1/2-inch slices and then quartered
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cored and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup large black olives, halved
- 2 cups cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz sharp provolone cheese, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 basil sprigs
- 2 lemon slices
- Hot Dressing1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Basil Aioli1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place chicken in large bowl. In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Stir in ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper. Pour mixture over chicken; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Spread bread cubes on two baking pans and toast in 400° F oven about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. In large bowl, place red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olive, cannelloni beans and provolone cheese.
- Heat large grill pan over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on hot grill pan, lower heat to medium high and cook about 8-9 minutes. Turn chicken and cook about 10-12 more minutes or until thermometer reaches 165° F. Remove to cutting board; cover with foil.
- Add bread crumbs to bowl of vegetables; stir to mix well. Reheat dressing over high heat about 1 minute; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with torn basil leaves; toss again and arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Slice chicken crosswise into ½-inch slices and arrange over salad. Spoon Basil Aioli over top of chicken and garnish platter with basil sprigs and lemon slices.
- Hot Dressing:In small saucepan, heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium high heat. Add 2 cloves minced garlic and cook about 2 minutes to soften. Lower heat to medium and whisk in ¼ cup red wine vinegar; 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice; 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard; ½ teaspoon lemon zest; ½ teaspoon salt; and ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Basil Aioli:In bowl of food processor or blender, place ½ cup mayonnaise; ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves; ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest; 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice; and ¼ teaspoon salt. Pulse or blend to mix well and finely chop basil; remove to small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Calories from Fat 636 (44%)
(110%)Total Fat 72g
(76%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 26g
Total Carbohydrate 145g
(86%)Dietary Fiber 22g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.