Veal Cutlets with Lemon-Mustard Sauce
Lemon-mustard sauce adds a bit of zip to veal shoulder cutlets.
- 1 lb veal shoulder cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1- 1/2 tsp each salt and lemon pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 package (5.8 ounces) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous mix, prepared
- Lemon-Mustard Sauce:3/4 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs butter, softened
- 2 Tbs sliced green onion
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness. Combine 3 tablespoons flour, salt and lemon pepper. Lightly coat cutlets with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook cutlets in batches, 2 to 4 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Remove; keep warm.
- Whisk broth, lemon juice, mustard and 2 teaspoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring until brown bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; whisk in butter. Stir in green onion; spoon over cutlets. Serve with couscous.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 96 (37%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.