Tortilla Toasts with Avo-Olive Salsa
Tortillas, avocado, and cilantro bring Central American flavors to this quick and satisfying meal.
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbs low-fat milk
- 4 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- In a medium sized bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Place tortilla in egg mixture and soak for 3-5 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the pan and cook for 2 minutes until golden, then flip and continue cooking on remaining side for 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- To serve, place 1 tortilla on each plate and serve with approximately 3/4 cup of salsa.
Calories from Fat 88 (41%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.