Tortellini and Lamb Country Soup
A comforting and filling soup to curl up with on a cold winter's day.
- 2 stalks celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 9 oz package cheese tortellini
- 1 15 1/2 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1 lb package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Spray a large pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add celery and onion and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add lamb, cooking until brown.
- Mix in broth, tortellini, tomatoes, frozen vegetables, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Calories from Fat 39 (22%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.