Toasted Hazelnut-Pomegranate Brown Butter Sauce
Drizzle this savory butter sauce over a tender white fish or sea scallops.
- 5 Tbs butter
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3 Tbs pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbs toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, cook the butter until it’s completely melted and starts to turn golden brown.
- In a another pot reduce the pomegranate juice until thick and syrupy.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, brown butter, and lemon juice.
- When ready to use the sauce, add the sliced chives, salt, and pepper.
Calories from Fat 72 (62%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.