Thai Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps
Fresh mango adds exotic flavor to these delicious and healthy wraps.
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup bottled peanut sauce plus extra for dipping
- 2 6- to 10-ounce packages refrigerated, grilled chicken strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or 3 cups cubed, grilled chicken breasts
- 1 ˝ cups diced, peeled mango
- 1 cup julienne red bell pepper strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 whole large leaves Boston or iceberg lettuce
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add cooked rice. Lightly saute rice, stirring frequently about 3 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine rice, peanut sauce, chicken, mango and bell pepper; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange lettuce leaves on large platter.
- Spoon rice mixture into center of each lettuce leaf and roll around filling to eat. Serve with additional peanut sauce for dipping, if desired.
Calories from Fat 140 (37%)
(25%)Total Fat 17g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.