Tamale Stuffed Peppers
This spicy treat is a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, or any other day.
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup green chillies
- 1/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbs green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- Hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing off the tops and removing the seeds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, corn, green chillies, enchilada sauce, ½-cup cheese, cornmeal, green onions, and cilantro.
- Spoon the mixture into hollowed bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking dish and add about an inch of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until peppers are tender and filling is heated throughout; about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm
Calories from Fat 120 (33%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(36%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.