Sweet Veggie Onion Salad with Margarita Dressing
The secret to a great salad is in the salad dressing—this dressing is sweet, tangy, and best of all—simple.
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup julienned and pared jicama
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame, shelled
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 quarts mixed greens
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives
- Margarita Dressing1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- To make Margarita Dressing: Combine olive oil, lime juice, honey mustard, and sugar; set aside.
- Sauté onions in oil gently over medium heat for 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine onions, corn, jicama, edamame, and bell pepper in bowl. Pour Margarita Dressing over and toss lightly.
- Chill until ready to serve. Portion over greens in salad bowl or on individual plates; top with whole chives.
Calories from Fat 157 (60%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.