Spicy Olive and Seafood Spaghetti
Traditional spaghetti gets a seafood makeover with the simple addition of mussels, shrimp, and clams.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp (41x50's), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper (1/4-inch)
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 lb medium clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb mussels, scrubbed
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 quarts cooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, green peppers and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chopped tomatoes, white wine and tomato paste. Add clams and mussels, cover and steam for 4-5 minutes. Remove lid and stir in olives, salt and pepper flakes. Toss with spaghetti and basil and serve.
Calories from Fat 99 (14%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 77g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.