Roast Beef with Onion Relish on Focaccia
Any Italian joint would be vying to get their hands on this recipe—homemade focaccia topped with an onion relish and juicy slices of roast beef.
- Onion Relish3 cups thinly sliced white onions
- 2 cups julienne-cut, green, red, and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Focaccia1 1/2 lbs frozen wheat bread dough, thawed and soft
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup minced white onions
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sandwich8 oz spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 lbs roast beef, sliced
- Onion RelishToss onions, peppers, Italian dressing, basil, and pepper.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- FocacciaLightly spray a 15- x 10-inch pan with oil.
- Roll out thawed dough to fit pan.
- Place dough in oiled pan and lightly oil the top of the dough.
- Set in warm place until it rises about 1 inch.
- Oil top again and sprinkle with minced onions and thyme. Make impressions in dough about 1 inch apart.
- Bake on high rack at 400°F for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- When bread is cool enough, cut into eight, equally sized squares and split in half.
- SandwichPlace spinach, tomatoes, and roast beef on eight focaccia pieces.
- Top with onion relish and piece of focaccia.
Calories from Fat 290 (48%)
(50%)Total Fat 32g
(56%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.