A simple and healthy salad dressing for any weeknight when time is precious.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Put the pomegranate juice in a stainless steel saucepan and cook it over medium-low heat until reduced to 1/4 cup; set pomegranate reduction aside.
- Combine red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons of pomegranate reduction, shallots, kosher salt, and pepper; whisk until the salt is dissolved.
- Slowly add the oil as you continue to whisk. If it separates, just re-whisk before using.
Calories from Fat 318 (72%)
(56%)Total Fat 36g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 27g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.