Pizza Del Giorno
This homemade pizza can rival any pizzeria's—spicy sausage, tender onions and peppers, walnuts, and cheese all atop a crisp crust.
- 5 cups yellow or red onions, halved and sliced
- 8 oz fully-cooked, spicy smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 12-inch Italian bread pizza shell
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 8 oz mozzarella, sliced
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper (or pimento strips)
- In large skillet, sauté onions and sausage in olive oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; add a little oil if needed. Add vinegar and mix.
- Turn onion-sausage mixture over onto pizza shell.
- Top with walnuts, cheese, herbs, and bell pepper.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until hot through.
Calories from Fat 235 (43%)
(41%)Total Fat 26g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 52g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.