Peruvian Grilled Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Cilantro Sauce
This mildly spicy chicken dish pays a delicious homage to the flavors of Peru.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in (with or without skin)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced to garnish
- 2 cups white rice, cooked (optional)
- 4 Tbs sour cream
- Tomato-Cilantro Sauce2 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 7 oz jar, roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the coals for the grill or pre-heat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coriander, cayenne. and salt. Rub the chicken thighs with the spice mixture.
- Grill the chicken until it is nicely charred all over and the internal temperature is 160°F when tested with a thermometer.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Put all the sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- To serve, spoon rice onto eight plates, divide the sauce among them, arrange chicken thighs on top of the sauce and garnish with avocado slices and dollops of sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 275 (59%)
(47%)Total Fat 31g
(44%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.