Penne with Sausages and Broccoli
What a delicious way to eat broccoli! While very simple to make, the flavors are complex and powerful.
- 12 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 oz Italian sausage, in bulk (removed from casing)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup water
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and sauté until the garlic turns brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brown sausage in the same pan and cook until done through, about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and water to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. The sausage will be crumbly and mixed in with the broccoli.
- Transfer penne to skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Top with the crisp garlic bits and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories from Fat 112 (30%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.