Pecan Crusted Rack of Lamb with Rosemary Balsamic Sauce
Lamb encrusted with toasted pecans makes for an impressive meal any night of the week. Great with roasted butternut squash.
- 2 American lamb racks, frenched
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs coarse grain mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 4 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 4 oz semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Rub lamb with oil and salt. Place in a roasting pan, fat side down. Roast at 425°F for 8 minutes; turn and roast an additional 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine mustard, garlic, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the rosemary and cheese. Spread over lamb. Return to oven; cook 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In saucepan, combine vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of rosemary; simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until reduced to half.
- Slice lamb into individual chops; drizzle sauce over chops. Serve with roasted butternut squash.
Calories from Fat 381 (56%)
(66%)Total Fat 43g
(67%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.