Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and Feta
Feta combined with the sundried tomatoes gives this pasta a great, sharp taste.
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated fresh linguine
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained (pat the sun-dried tomato halves as well to cut down a bit on the oil)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 Tbs slivered almonds
- 2 Tbs preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- While pasta cooks, place tomatoes and next six ingredients (through black pepper) in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Combine tomato mixture and the reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, stirring with a whisk. Add to pasta; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with feta.
Calories from Fat 92 (27%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.