Pancetta Wrapped Prawns with Saffron Risotto Timbale
In this stylish presentation, endive leaves envelope creamy risotto topped with a pancetta-sautéed prawn.
- 20 jumbo (U/15) white shrimp, (peeled & deveined, tail on)
- 24 paper thin slices of pancetta (cured but not smoked rolled bacon)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups sliced Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar mixed with 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sweet vermouth
- 2 Tbs butter
- 30 Belgium endive leaves
- 2 4 oz packages daikon sprouts*
- 4 radicchio leaves
- Saffron Risotto3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3/4 cut freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup fresh English peas or frozen peas
- *Shoots of the long white radish, sometimes sold as radish sprouts in 4 oz plastic hinged containers
- Wrap each shrimp with a strip of pancetta. If sliced thin enough you shouldn't need a toothpick to serve.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine stock, wine, and saffron, bringing to a boil. Lower heat and keep simmering. In large heavy saucepan, melt butter, add onion, and sauté until translucent (5-7min). Stir in rice and cook stirring often until will coated (2-3 min.). Stir in stock ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed. Keep adding stock stirring until rice is al dente (tender but slightly chewy) for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese and peas. Cook for another 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide rice into 4 soup cups (sprayed with pan spray). Cover and keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil and sauté shrimp and pancetta on both sides until pancetta is nicely browned. Add Shiitake mushrooms and shallots and sear for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with sweet vermouth and reduce all to light syrup, add butter and toss.
- PresentationOn six large dinner plates, place radicchio leaves to form a cup. Fan endive leaves from center out. Place a small bundle of daikon sprouts on each leaf. Unmold risotto and lace on center leaf. Place a cooked shrimp on each leaf and spoon sauce over each. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 417 (50%)
(71%)Total Fat 46g
(70%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 59g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.