Near Nicoise Salad
This simple mixture of hearty ingredients works as either a quick lunch or dinner.
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped capers
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 lb large shrimp, poached and cooled
- 8 oz Yukon gold potatoes, quartered and boiled
- 6 oz green or yellow wax beans, blanched
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 hard boiled egg whites, diced 1-inch
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Continue whisking and pour in oil in a steady stream until fully emulsified then whisk in capers. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss shrimp, potatoes, beans, olives tomatoes, scallions and eggs with dressing until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 29 (12%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.