Mussels Au Gratin
The mussel shells make a perfect little appetizer cup for containing the seafood stuffing.
- 4 lbs mussels
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 5 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- lemon wedges for serving
- Scrub mussels under running water; discard any that do not close. Cut off beards. In large pot, combine water, half of garlic and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Add mussels and steam on medium until they open, about 7-10 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer mussels from broth onto 2 rimmed baking sheets. Break off and discard top halves of shells and any unopened shells.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Sauté remaining garlic and onion until soft. Add parsley and lemon juice. Combine with cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over mussels. Bake at 400° F about 5 minutes or until crumbs are lightly brown. Serve warm with lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 157 (44%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.