Moroccan-Spiced Lamb Kebobs with Summertime Fruit Chutney
Ideal for dinner on a hot summer evening—sweet, stone fruit chutney provides a cool counterpart to warm kebobs.
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 pieces stone fruit (plums, apricots, or peaches), cut in half and pitted
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp prepared balsamic syrup
- 2 tsp mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 8-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine garam masala and oil. Add lamb and fruit; toss to coat.
- Thread lamb evenly onto skewers. Grill kebobs and fruit halves over medium heat, covered, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coarsely chop grilled fruit. In a small bowl, combine fruit, pistachios, and garlic. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; garnish with mint leaves. Serve fruit chutney with lamb kebobs.
Calories from Fat 90 (42%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.