Mint Chimichurri Marinated Lamb Chops
An incredibly zesty mint-garlic marinade packs loads of flavor into juicy lamb chops.
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin, or shoulder)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp red pepper sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add garlic, shallots, mint leaves, olive oil, parsley, vinegar, red pepper sauce, and salt.
- Pulse several times to mince and blend ingredients.
- Pierce lamb chops with a fork several times on all sides.
- Place chops in a plastic food storage bag; coat with marinade.
- Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chops, discarding remaining marinade.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch chops, broil or grill over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Or, pan fry chops, then transfer to a baking sheet; finish cooking at 400°F until desired doneness.
Calories from Fat 501 (85%)
(87%)Total Fat 57g
(62%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 36g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.