Marinated Black Bean Salad
A healthy salad to pack for lunch at work, with brown rice and broccoli coated in a tangy dressing.
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (1/2 cup dry)
- 2 Tbs onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped
- Dressing2 Tbs canola or olive oil
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Drain and rinse black beans. Add brown rice, onion, and broccoli. Gently mix.
- In a small bowl, mix canola or olive oil, red wine vinegar, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper.
- Add dressing to bean mixture. Mix gently.
- Refrigerate to allow flavor to develop. Serve chilled.
Calories from Fat 46 (32%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.