Lamb with Roasted Zucchini, Peppers, and Eggplant
What better way to consume bundles of healthy vegetables than with this amazing lamb recipe?
- 1/2 lb lamb shoulder, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 4 Asian-style eggplants, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 6 oz packages mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 large zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 red onion, sliced into crescents
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Oregano sprigs for garnish
- In medium bowl combine lamb, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In pan sprayed with olive oil cooking spray, combine eggplant, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Spray vegetables with olive oil spray. Roast in 375°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Add basil and oregano and use spatula to stir vegetables. Spray vegetables with olive oil spray. Roast additional 15 minutes.
- Stir vegetables and spray with olive oil spray. Roast additional 15 minutes.
- During last 8 minutes of roasting, push vegetables to the side and place meat on pan in single layer and cook to desired degree of doneness: 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well.
- Remove from oven, set meat aside.
- Pour vegetables into bowl. Immediately pour on balsamic vinegar, and toss vegetables to coat.
- Serve roasted vegetables in shallow bowls and top with lamb strips. Garnish with oregano sprigs.
Calories from Fat 30 (15%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(65%)Dietary Fiber 16g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.