A versatile pasta dish—compliments either a romantic dinner or a family dinner perfectly.
- 1 8 oz package linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 1 1 lb lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 10 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 3/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 6 minutes, stirring to brown all sides. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add onion and mushrooms and cook 3 minutes. Blend milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture, salt, and pepper to skillet. Stir, and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over linguine and lamb; blend. Pour into a greased 11 x 7-inch casserole.
- In small skillet, melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 of bread crumbs. Pour over casserole and sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs. Bake in 350ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbling and slightly browned on top.
Calories from Fat 145 (38%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.