Lamb-Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
The perfect substitute for corned beef and cabbage at your St. Patrick's day festivities.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup instant rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp sage, ground
- 1/4 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp allspice, ground
- 8 large cabbage leaves, blanched
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- In medium bowl, blend lamb, rice, egg, garlic salt, pepper, dry mustard, sage, coriander, and allspice.
- Form lamb mixture into eight rolls, 3-inches long each.
- Place rolls of lamb mixture in the center of each cabbage leaf; roll up, tucking in sides.
- Place, seam-side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine stewed tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, lemon juice, brown sugar, and paprika.
- Pour mixture over lamb-stuffed cabbage rolls.
- Cover, and bake in 350ºF oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
Calories from Fat 172 (54%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.