Lamb Pintxos with Wilted Napa Cabbage and Garlic-Mint Vinaigrette
Fresh mint and zesty lime will entice all types of foodies to this meal.
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup garlic, chopped
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 8 skewers
- Wilted Napa Cabbage with Garlic-Mint Vinaigrette1/2 cup garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbs stone-ground mustard
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tbs lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- In large bowl, blend garlic, oil, mint, and lime for marinade. Add cubed lamb; marinate cubed lamb for 2 to 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place four cubes of lamb on each skewer. Grill skewers to desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with Wilted Napa Cabbage with Garlic-Mint Vinaigrette.
- Wilted Napa Cabbage with Garlic-Mint VinaigretteSlowly roast garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Let oil cool with garlic in it.
- Blend garlic, oil, thyme, mustard, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, salt, and pepper in blender until chunky. Add mint; blend.
- Toss cabbage with warm vinaigrette.
Calories from Fat 418 (74%)
(73%)Total Fat 47g
(51%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 30g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.