Lamb Loin Napoli
You don't have to be Popeye to fall in love with this spinach and pomegranate meal.
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- 1 Tbs lemon pepper, divided
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs pomegranate juice
- 3 1/2 lbs lamb boneless loin or sirloin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 Tbs olive oil; sauté onion and 2 Tbs garlic for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spinach, red pepper, basil, and pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries, 2 tsp lemon pepper, and red wine vinegar.
- Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted; set aside.
- Lay boneless loin or sirloin on cutting board, fat-side up.
- Trim excess fat, leaving 1/8-inch cover.
- Score fat surface in a 1-inch crisscross pattern, 1/8-inch deep.
- Turn boneless loin or sirloin over, fat-side down, on cutting board.
- Cover surface of meat with plastic wrap.
- Using a meat mallet or pounding tool, pound meat to 1-inch thickness.
- Place a 2-inch strip of filling along center and length of roast; roll and tie with string at 2-inch intervals.
- In a small bowl, blend 1 Tbs olive oil, 1 Tbs chopped garlic, pomegranate juice, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp lemon pepper, and salt.
- Brush on the roast.
- Place on rack in roasting pan and roast in 325°F oven to desired degree of doneness: 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 267 (62%)
(46%)Total Fat 30g
(59%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.