Kale and White Bean Soup
This Italian-style soup is perfect for dinner on a cold night. Serve with hearty bread.
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb (dry weight) cannellini beans, cooked
- 4 cups vegetable stock (plus a bit more to adjust liquid to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups carrots, medium dice
- 7 cups chopped kale
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté onions in oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add cooked beans, vegetable stock, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and rosemary and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook about 12 minutes or until kale is tender. Add more vegetable stock, if your soup needs more liquid, and warm through.
- Check seasoning, adjust as needed, and serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories from Fat 74 (15%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 77g
(68%)Dietary Fiber 17g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.