Hot & Sour Egg Drop Soup
This tasty soup is simple to make but complex in flavor. Try it as a starter to any meal or on it's own as a light supper.
- 2 cans (14 to 14-1/2 oz. each) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- Combine broth, bamboo shoots, carrots, peas, mushrooms, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix water and cornstarch in small bowl until dissolved. Slowly stir into hot soup.
- While gently stirring soup, slowly pour in eggs. Remove from heat immediately and serve.
Calories from Fat 51 (32%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.