Honey-Baked Leg of Lamb
A dining experience so sweet—you'll be singing.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 2 Tbs lemon peel, grated
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 lbs lamb leg, boneless
- Combine marinade ingredients: wine, honey, onion, mint, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade for basting.
- Place lamb in large sealable plastic bag, and pour marinade over lamb.
- Seal tightly and refrigerate four hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade and discard marinade.
- Place lamb on rack in baking pan.
- Bake in 325ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes per pound, or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Baste with 1/4 cup of reserved marinade.
- Remove lamb from oven, cover lightly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 84 (29%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.