Herb-Crusted Racks of Lamb
Perfect for any special celebration, just serve this herbaceous lamb with a salad and you're set.
- 2 racks of lamb (8 ribs each), trimmed
- 3/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh dill weed, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a bowl, combine: parsley, onion, dill, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture on outside of lamb racks.
- Place lamb on broiler rack, bone-side down and in a shallow roasting pan. Roast 30 to 35 minutes in 375ºF oven, or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 422 (77%)
(72%)Total Fat 47g
(102%)Saturated Fat 20g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 19g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.