Grilled Pork Kebabs with California Fresh Figs
Charred bell peppers, juicy figs, and tangy pork—these kebabs are sure to please everyone at your next barbecue. Serve with a rice pilaf.
- Marinade1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 4 large fresh California figs, halved lengthwise
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered, separated and cut into large squares
- 4 10-inch skewers
- Vegetable cooking spray
- For marinade, combine honey, mustard, rice vinegar, and orange juice in a shallow, non-reactive dish; stir together. Reserve 1/2 marinade.
- Trim fat from pork and cut crosswise into sixteen slices; add to marinade, turning to coat well. Cover and let stand in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove and drain pork; discarding marinade. Alternating pepper squares, onion squares, pork slices, and fig halves, thread onto four skewers.
- Coat grill or barbecue rack with cooking spray; place over medium-hot coals.
- Arrange skewers on rack and cook 4 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Turn, baste, and cook 4 minutes more or until pork is done (165°F) and figs are heated through.
Calories from Fat 42 (14%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.