Grilled Lamb Fajitas
Poblano or ancho chilies add some nice heat to these grilled lamb fajitas.
- 1-1/2 pounds American Lamb leg steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 6 green onions
- 3 fresh poblano or ancho chilies (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper halved
- 12 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- fresh salsa
- Fajita Marinade1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- In small bowl, prepare fajita marinade: combine all ingredients.
- Place lamb in glass dish. Pour marinade over lamb, cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Grill over medium-hot coals. Cook lamb, onions, chilies and bell peppers 4 inches from coals. Cook steaks 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium, or 170° F for well. Turn vegetables frequently until cooked.
- Slice lamb steaks and vegetables into 1/4-inch thick slices. Serve on tortillas, top with salsa and roll up.
Defrosting Lamb: Thaw frozen lamb in the refrigerator overnight or for faster thawing, use a microwave oven, following the manufacturer's directions. Do not thaw frozen lamb at room temperature.
Calories from Fat 92 (40%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.