Fresh Vegetable Bean Soup
Any small pasta variation works wonderfully in this warming chicken and vegetable soup.
- 2 14 oz cans chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 15 oz can beans
- 1/4 cups rosmarino or other small pasta
- 1 Tbs dry basil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Pour broth into a 2-quart saucepan; heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile heat a medium sized skillet; add olive oil.
- Add fresh vegetables to the skillet in the order they are listed and prepared. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Add cooked vegetables, peas, beans, and herbs to broth. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Calories from Fat 58 (29%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.