Fresh Herb and Parmesan Lamb Chops
"It's all in the seasoning," certainly describes this tantalizing main course.
- 4 lamb chops (shoulder or rib)
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbs oil
- Dijon-style or coarse mustard, as needed
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add garlic powder, Parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley, basil, tarragon, thyme, and rosemary.
- Pulse several times to blend.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat; add oil.
- Immediately place lamb in pan; sear on all sides then remove from pan.
- Coat lamb with a generous amount of Dijon or coarse mustard; press lamb into bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Transfer to a baking sheet; bake at 400°F to desired doneness.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops.
Calories from Fat 376 (63%)
(65%)Total Fat 42g
(88%)Saturated Fat 18g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.