Easy Supper Casserole
A macaroni and ground beef casserole that kids will love to eat and adults will love to make—it's quick and easy!
- 1/2 lb lean hamburger
- 1 tsp oregano, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup dry macaroni
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 15.5 oz can Mexican-style pinto beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown hamburger in a large frying pan or electric skillet; drain fat.
- Add chopped onion to hamburger; cook until onion is clear.
- Turn heat down; add macaroni, beans, juice, and spices, stirring to combine.
- Cover pan and simmer mixture for 20 minutes (if you uncover the pan more than twice to check and stir, add additional tomato juice).
- Remove pan from heat, stir, and sprinkle grated cheese on top of mixture. Cover and let stand until cheese melts.
Calories from Fat 100 (33%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.