Chunky Beef & Corn Chili
- 1 pound beef bottom round cubed steaks
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces) chili-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Cut beef cubed steaks lengthwise into 1-inch strips and then crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle chili powder over beef.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and onions and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Season with salt.
- Stir in tomatoes and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 141 (39%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.