Chicken Verde Potato Tacos
Stuffed with potatoes and tender chicken, these tacos make great party food. Guests can make their own and add additional toppings.
- 1/2 lb Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb boneless and skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped poblano pepper (or Anaheim pepper/bell pepper)
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup green chili salsa
- 1/2 cup red chili enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed (or crunchy taco shells)
- 8 lime wedges
- Cabbage, shredded (optional topping)
- Romaine lettuce, shredded (optional topping)
- Tomato, diced (optional topping)
- Avocado, diced (optional topping)
- Radishes, thinly sliced (optional topping)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional topping)
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet liberally with cooking spray. Add potatoes and onion to skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring and coating with cooking spray occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, pepper, Mexican seasoning, and green chile salsa and cook for 5 minutes more. Add red chili enchilada sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place equal amounts of cheese on each tortilla and heat in a skillet until cheese is melted. Add potato mixture and any other desired toppings. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories from Fat 52 (20%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.