Caramelized Onion, Fig, and Goat Cheese Tartlets
Place on a tray and pass around at your next soirée—be sure to make two batches, these deceptively simple tarts go quickly!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4 frozen, prepared puff pastry tart shells, 4 inches in diameter
- 8 fresh California figs, sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- In heavy skillet over low heat, heat oil and sauté onions, cooking gently for 10 minutes or until very soft.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar; continue to cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 20 to 30 minutes until onions are very soft, caramelized, and jam-like. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Divide onion mixture among pastry shells; top with sliced figs and crumbled goat cheese.
- Crimp edges of each tart; arrange on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or as directed on package, until golden and crisp.
Calories from Fat 273 (52%)
(47%)Total Fat 30g
(55%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.