Caramel Fig Tartlets
Mini tartlets are the perfect dessert finger food. Homemade walnut crusts encase a luscious caramel-fig sauce.
- Walnut Crust2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbs cold butter
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp ice water
- Caramel Fig Sauce2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 8 dried California figs, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Honey Cream1 8 oz package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 dried California figs, sliced and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, walnuts, butter, and sugar together with pastry blender or fork until coarse crumbs form.
- Beat egg yolk and water together; stir into flour mixture and knead for about 15 seconds on lightly floured board.
- Roll out and with a 2-inch, round cookie cutter, cut into sixteen discs. Run finger around edge of each disk to make raised edge.
- Transfer to lightly greased baking sheet and chill for 1 hour. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes; allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, for Caramel Fig Sauce, melt butter with sugar and cook for 2 minutes in small saucepan.
- Stir in wine and figs; cook 2 minutes more. Add cream and cinnamon; stir well and remove from heat. Cool slightly, then purée until smooth. Set aside.
- For Honey Cream, stir cream cheese, honey, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Divide and spread evenly onto baked crusts. Divide and spread a thin layer of Caramel Fig Sauce evenly on top. Divide and arrange sliced figs over all and serve with additional sauce to spoon on.
Calories from Fat 91 (48%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.