Beef Steaks with Tangy Corn Relish
Corn relish is a refreshing accompaniment alongside a nice thick steak.
- Beef:4 boneless beef chuck top blade steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Corn Relish:1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) corn, undrained
- 1 Tbs distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Relish:Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in corn, vinegar and ground red pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove.
- Beef:Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Remove; season with garlic salt.
- To Serve:Return corn relish to skillet. Add green onions; heat through. Serve with steaks.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 233 (63%)
(40%)Total Fat 26g
(50%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.