Veal Breast with Olive-Mushroom Filling
Whimsical veal pinwheels stuffed with a colorful spinach, olive, and bell pepper filling make a delightful meal.
- 1 boneless veal breast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala
- 2- 1/2 cups uncooked mini lasagna or bow tie pasta, cooked
- Olive-Mushroom Filling:2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in olives and rosemary; cool.
- Unroll veal breast; trim fat. Spread filling over veal, leaving 3/4-inch border. Starting at short end, roll up jelly-roll fashion; tie with string.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in same pan over medium heat until hot. Add veal; brown evenly. Pour off drippings. Add Marsala and 1/3 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until veal is fork-tender.
- Remove veal; keep warm. Skim fat. Bring cooking liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Carve veal. Serve over pasta with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 259 (50%)
(44%)Total Fat 29g
(53%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.