Thai Style Chicken Basil Stir Fry
An easy-to-make stir-fry that will bring the wonderful flavor of Thai cooking to your table.
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add sliced garlic cloves and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and 1/3 cup of water. Stir frequently until liquid comes to a boil.
- Stir in peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until liquid reduces to a saucy consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil until it is wilted.
- Serve on a bed of rice or thin rice noodles.
Calories from Fat 114 (20%)
(19%)Total Fat 13g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.