Sushi Di Italia
Have fun with your friends and family creating these whimsical, fish-free Italian flavored prosciutto and rice rolls.
- 3 cups cooked short or medium grain rice, cooled
- 1 cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese blend
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8-10 large thin slices prosciutto (cured Italian ham)
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut in strips
- Combine rice, cheese, half and half, and basil in large bowl. Place 1 prosciutto slice on cutting board; spread 1/2 cup rice mixture evenly over prosciutto, pressing slightly. Arrange a few pepper strips lengthwise down center over rice; carefully roll into a log, about 8 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining prosciutto slices; refrigerate 15 minutes. Cut each roll crosswise into 1-inch pieces, placing on platter, cut side up, to resemble sushi. Serve at room temperature.
Calories from Fat 39 (19%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.