Spicy Lamb and Peanut Stew
A creamy, spicy stew that is best on a cold day. Make it even better and spoon over rice into bowls.
- 12 oz lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free beef broth
- 2 med carrots, sliced
- 1/2 lb small new potatoes, halved or quartered (4-5 potatoes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- Spray large saucepan with lid with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add lamb cubes, onion, and garlic. Brown meat over medium-high heat.
- Stir in broth, carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in peas and peanut butter.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes; stir gently.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Calories from Fat 74 (36%)
(13%)Total Fat 9g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.