Spicy Hunan Stir-Fry
This tasty veggie and lamb stir-fry is ready and on the table in no time—perfect fare for a laid-back dinner gathering.
- 1 lb boneless lamb leg or shoulder, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs peanut oil
- 1 tsp ginger, finely shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 med red or green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 10 oz package, frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, sugar, and dried red pepper flakes; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil.
- Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add carrots; stir-fry over medium-high for 4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and green beans; stir-fry until tender, yet still crisp.
- Remove vegetables from skillet; keep warm.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil. Stir-fry lamb strips for about 2 minutes, or until just brown; set aside.
- Add vegetables and broth mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice, if desired.
Calories from Fat 121 (54%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.