South of the Border Chicken Breasts
Cayenne pepper and chili powder spice up these chicken breasts.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pure vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat broiler. Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, blend oil, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cayenne. Place chicken on broiler pan. Brush or spoon half of seasoning mixture over chicken.
- Broil chicken 6 minutes 4 to 6 inches from heat. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining seasoning mixture. Broil 4 to 5 minutes longer or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Garnish with light sour cream; accompany with hot corn and black beans, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 152 (58%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.