Sesame Chicken Fingers with Two Dipping Sauces
Chinese mustard and teriyaki inspire two different dipping sauces for these crunchy chicken strips.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch by 3-inch strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 cup bread crumbs (from plain rice crackers or panko crumbs)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- Chinese Mustard Sauce1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet and hot Chinese mustard
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs crystallized ginger, minced
- Teriyaki Sauce1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce (with chili optional)
- 1/4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In shallow dish, whisk together flour and salt. In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and water. In third shallow dish, mix together crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Dredge chicken strips in flour, coating all sides. Dip chicken in egg; then roll chicken strips in crumb mixture to coat well.
- In large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm half the oil. Add half the chicken and sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet. Heat remaining oil in skillet and sauté remaining chicken strips, transferring to baking sheet when done. Bake chicken until firm and crispy, about 8 minutes. Arrange on platter and serve with dipping sauces.
- Chinese Mustard SauceMix together mayonnaise, Chinese mustard, Dijon mustard, and ginger. Cover and set aside until ready to serve with chicken.
- Teriyaki SauceMix together vinegar, black bean sauce, scallion, garlic, and brown sugar. Cover and set aside until ready to serve with chicken.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 168 (29%)
(30%)Total Fat 20g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 78g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.