Ranch Style Breakfast Burrito with Two Onion Salsas
A Saturday morning breakfast done right—warm tortillas encase soft eggs, veggies, and two fresh salsas.
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh Mango-Onion Salsa1 cup chopped fresh mango (or peaches)
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow or red onion
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 Tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp minced and seeded fresh jalapeño pepper (optional)
- Fat-free sour cream (or yogurt)
- Avocado-Red Onion Salsa1 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- Stack tortillas; wrap in foil. Heat in 350°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, tomatoes, cilantro, and black pepper together in bowl with fork.
- Pour over onions and cook on medium heat, stirring with spatula until scrambled, about 6 minutes.
- Divide egg mixture onto warm tortillas and roll tortillas around the egg mixture, tucking in ends to prevent filling from falling out. Serve with salsas (recipes below) and sour cream or yogurt.
- Fresh Mango-Onion SalsaCombine fresh mango (or peaches), yellow or red onions, grated orange peel, orange juice, and jalapeño pepper, if desired.
- Avocado-Red Onion SalsaCombine avocado, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
Calories from Fat 171 (39%)
(30%)Total Fat 19g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.