Polynesian Lamb Salad
Pineapple chunks and crystallized ginger add a cascading Pacific Island wave of sweet and spicy.
- 2 cups cooked lamb leg or shoulder, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 med onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 med green or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- Mixed greens
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- For dressing combine mayonnaise, ginger, lemon juice, nutmeg, and salt.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Combine lamb, celery, pineapple, water chestnuts, bell peppers, and orange slices. Arrange on mixed greens.
- Serve with dressing.
Calories from Fat 200 (42%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.